Unique therapies we know, use, love, are interested in; unique approaches to self-care and health, just like Armaid.
1. Ayurvedic Medicine (Ayurveda) - Yoga's sister science, is the oldest continually practiced health-care system in the world, originating in India more than 3,000 years ago. Key concepts of Ayurvedic medicine include universal interconnectedness, the three life forces (doshas), and an individual’s personality and physical constitution (prakriti), composed of the doshas. Using these concepts, Ayurvedic physicians prescribe individualized treatments, including compounds of herbs or proprietary ingredients, and diet, exercise, and lifestyle recommendations.
2. Breathwork - The way you breathe affects your whole body. While short, shallow gasps of air restrict blood flow and cause your muscles to tense, full, deep breathing relaxes the body and mind. Breathwork is comprised of a variety of stand-alone breathing techniques, as well as techniques that are integral to other mind-body practices such as qigong, tai chi, and yoga.
3. Cupping – An ancient Chinese therapy, cupping uses heated cups applied to the skin to improve circulation and the flow of energy around the body. Most commonly, it's used for aches and pains and respiratory problems, but it has also been shown to help with digestive and menstrual problems.
4. Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT, aka Tapping) - A type of Meridian Tapping that combines ancient Chinese acupressure and modern psychology. Tapping can help people overcome many issues: chronic pain, childhood traumas, self-limiting beliefs, weight concerns, negative body image, food cravings, anxieties, PTSD and phobias, research shows, more effectively than talk therapy.
5. Hyperthermia Therapy - When cells in the body are exposed to higher than normal temperatures, changes take place inside the cells which studies show may boost the body’s immune system function. Although most commonly associated with cancer-related diagnoses, hyperthermia is also suggested for individuals suffering from inflammatory diseases and depression.
6. Oil Pulling - An age-old remedy rooted in Ayurvedic medicine, in which oil (usually sesame, sunflower or coconut) is swished in the mouth for up to 20 minutes to clean, whiten, and detoxify the teeth and gums and improve oral health. Additional benefits from oil pulling include help with skin conditions, arthritis, asthma, headaches, hormone imbalances, infections, liver problems and more.
7. Sound Healing/Tonal Therapy – In Sound Healing, a specific, stable frequency or tone is used to synchronize fluctuating brainwaves. Once the brainwaves are synchronized, it is then possible to down-shift the brain’s normal beta state (normal waking consciousness) to alpha (relaxed consciousness), theta (meditative state) and even delta states (sleep, where internal healing can occur). Sound Healing can provide results for a variety of issues including: sleep disorders, anxiety, depression, stress management, PTSD and pain management.
8. Structural Integration (Hellerwork and Rolfing) - A holistic system combining soft tissue manipulation and movement education to restore the body to its natural state of alignment and balance - lengthening, restoring, and reorganizing the fascia, the connective tissue matrix of the body, which becomes shortened in response to injury, chronic tension and habitual movement patterns.
9. Yamuna Body Logic - One-on-one body manipulation with a trained, certified Yamuna practitioner focusing on skeletal structure alignment, where muscles are elongated and toned and your range of motion is restored.
10. Yamuna Body Rolling - Developed by Yamuna Zake, the Body Rolling technique, using the specially designed Yamuna balls to improve posture, alignment, range of motion, muscle tone, flexibility, organ function, circulation, and even bone tissue.